Cubo 15

More
12 years 6 months ago #16839 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo 15
@reality sounds: There's still a few factors I'm unsure about, so I'll wait for the RTA's to eliminate some.

These are the first reactions that state the lack of 40 Hz content, so I'm still a bit suprised. It's also the first 18" I ever heard of not working properly in Cubo 18.

@Col: That Ande driver looks very good. And if it's truly that heavy, it should be.

I hope to get my dirty littlle hands on a lowrider, so I can see what can be done about it.

Best regards

Cubo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #16931 by greg32
Replied by greg32 on topic Cubo 15
Hey Cubo im still love'n the cubo's, just a question about grills, i have some perforated sheet steel that has 62% open area, how will this grill material effect the performance of the overal design? as the design has the woofer reasonably well protected already, is the grill nessary or not? best regards on a great design Greg

More
12 years 5 months ago #16957 by Cubo15
62% open area is more than enough. Least open area advised would be 40% (for current Cubo designs).

A well designed grill-system can reinforce the cabinet as if the mouth was covered with a panel. A bad executed grill can introduce rattle and reduce overall sound energy, everything inbetween is possible.
There are parties were I would go (without a doubt) without a grill on any of my Cubo's. There are parties were I wouldn't want to come within a thousand yards, without a grill. And many situations inbetween ;)

Best regards

Cubo

More
12 years 5 months ago #16959 by bee
Replied by bee on topic Cubo 15
greg +1 on grilling them..... people like to use the drivers as footballs for fun otherwise....... and it is not uncommon for a driver to suck up empty bottles etc.......

More
12 years 5 months ago #16993 by mooreman
Replied by mooreman on topic Cubo 15
Hi Mr Cubo,
I currently have 3 cubo 15's loaded with sovereign 15-500s. They've performed beautifully over the past year but i'm looking to upgrade my drivers. What would be the next step up to get? I'm hoping to spend less than £100/driver (second hand not new). Would kappa 15lf's be a significant improvement? Or do you have a better suggestion? I already have kick bins above so wanting pure sub 40-90hz.

Thankyou in advance!
Sam

More
12 years 5 months ago #17116 by stevediablo
Replied by stevediablo on topic Cubo 15
hi Cubo,

I have a couple of blown PD154 chassis sitting gathering dust and was looking for a wee project to build them into...
Would your Cubo 15 work well with this driver? I'm afraid I'm hopeless with the simulation software.... Although my woodworking skills are OK!

Would the Cubo make a nice low end section for a drum fill for example?

Steven.

More
12 years 5 months ago #17278 by jlmusic
Replied by jlmusic on topic Cubo 15
Hi.
Very Interested in this particular design. I have 2 McKenzie C15-400BASS drivers I want to use to put under 15" black widow hisys 2 full range units to expand a Portable PA system. Obviously the size of the Cubo lends itself to this very well, especially when considering a stable base for a top hat mount and pole between units, but will I achieve good results with the above drivers for Rock/Metal band sound reinforcement and some small rock/metal DJ work?

With the McKenzies having a tiny Xmax, I was guessing this design might bring something out of them, potentially with the magnets within the chamber?

Thanks
Jim

More
12 years 5 months ago #17456 by Cubo15
@Sam: I think the Kappa 15LF would be nore of a step sidewards water then forward. I would look into divers with a langer VC-diameter and langer Xmax wilst retaining most other T/S-parameters. Higher EBP would be a plus.

@Steven: Those are very nice for use in Cubo Extra Extended. Plan available via questionsaboutcuboatgeemeel dotcom

@Jim: Can you post the T/S-parameters on this site?

To all: Due to a change my communications falll back onto my phone and it's intrusive spell checker. Minimising my response a bit and ability to check for parameters, prices, etc.

Best regards

Cubo

More
12 years 5 months ago #17457 by jlmusic
Replied by jlmusic on topic Cubo 15
T/S figures for the McKenzie C15-400BASS

[attachment=0:10wevlq9]<!-- ia0 -->C15-400bassTS.JPG<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment:10wevlq9]

Thanks

Jim
Attachments:

More
12 years 5 months ago #17460 by stevediablo
Replied by stevediablo on topic Cubo 15

Cubo15 wrote: @Steven: Those are very nice for use in Cubo Extra Extended. Plan available via questionsaboutcuboatgeemeel dotcom

To all: Due to a change my communications falll back onto my phone and it's intrusive spell checker. Minimising my response a bit and ability to check for parameters, prices, etc.

Best regards

Cubo

Thanks for your reply. I take it that the "extra extended" version is the extended plus another piece? What is the thinking behind that for this particular driver (PD154)?

I will send off an email to you requesting the extra extended plan... Thanks again. Looking forward to building them... Bought the plywood today... smiley1

Steven.

Time to create page: 0.340 seconds