Cubo 15

More
12 years 10 months ago #15890 by bee
Replied by bee on topic Cubo 15
keep up the good work scott, you will be very happy with the cubo's when they are done.....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #16034 by Venturesound
Replied by Venturesound on topic Cubo 15
Hello Mr Cubo!A friend would like to use this indoors for music playback and sometimes films. I know the low frequency extension is not great for films but we are going to try it anyway, hopefully some room gain will help with this. He will build the extended version, but what driver sims best for low extension and efficiency, with an amplifier power of 500W available? We were looking at using one of the suggested Eminence drivers at the top of the plans page.Thanks!

More
12 years 9 months ago #16061 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo 15
Once mounted in Cubo 15, the differences between those drivers for those purposes largely vanishes. Personally I would choose the driver with the biggest Xmax, cornerload the Cubo 15 and use proper EQ plus cross it fairly low.

Could you pursade your friend to build Cubo Sub instead? It has mighty decent low frequency extension for movies and games, for all but the HT-diehards. In fact one of my favourite home subs has pretty much the same frequency response as Cubo Sub, the latter only needing 10 - 60 Wrms for ...well, I don't want to spoil the suprise ;)

I will be looking into horn extensions shortly, including one for home use. Though it might be a glorious exploration or fail miserably (or anything inbetween).

Best regards

Cubo

More
12 years 9 months ago #16065 by bee

More
12 years 8 months ago #16197 by greg32
Replied by greg32 on topic Cubo 15
Hi Cubo and thanks for sharing such a great design, i have finnished one of my cubo boxes and have done some testing with jbl 2226 and jbl 2225 they both sound really good very warm and full sound, the bit i wasnt expecting was the efficiency they are crazy loud and powerful, im very happy with the results and would recomend. Greg
Attachments:

More
12 years 8 months ago #16199 by bee
Replied by bee on topic Cubo 15
you should hear 8 pd1850 loaded ones then....... nice build.... smiley2

More
12 years 8 months ago #16213 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo 15

I will be looking into horn extensions shortly, including one for home use

I did have a look into it but found some strange patterns in the measurements after converting to excel. Will do a re-run.

@Greg: Nice build, text book example.

Best regards

Cubo

More
12 years 8 months ago #16217 by g6akn
Replied by g6akn on topic Cubo 15
Ok so I have just downloaded the plans for the Cubo15. This is going to be my first home build so wish me luck. I've chosen this design after reading the user comments. It has to be used in the home so I have to make it look nice. Asking as a complete numpty!1) Should I just dive in and build the extended version? (will the extra bits still come from 1 sheet of 8x4?2_ To line/damp the inside of the cab? I/ve had a good read of a number of construction guides but if you do have a detailed construction details I would appreciate it !! (I am a complete numpty at this_!!! And finally before I go back to reading the full thread on this little box do I leave a removable panel for servicing etc? Any helpfull comments for a newcomer? Cheers Dave G6AKN

More
12 years 8 months ago #16219 by g6akn
Replied by g6akn on topic Cubo 15
Good morning Cubo. I was going to buy some bass cabs but I have deceided to go for a self build and the cubo15 seems to suit needs and I've chosen it after reading the users comments. This will be the first self built so I am a complete novice at this. so just a few quickies should I go straight in and build the "Extended" or the standard or does this depend on the driver? (although from the questions and answers it seem a very forgiving design). I live in Manila and sometimes getting data can be hard work. I have downloaded the plan and cut list. Am I correct in assuming that somewhere there is a panel left removable for servicing? (The Base/Top)? if you do have a detailed easy construction guide I would appreciate it - A complete Novice here so wish me luck !!! Any Comment or tips pleasee! I've read the guide on the site and I can cut in a straight line Many thanks Dave g6akn@yahoo.com

More
12 years 8 months ago #16225 by crossed
Replied by crossed on topic Cubo 15
This was my first build too, I got through it without too much of an issue. As for access panel... there isn't one in the plans and I didn't add one. Since the speaker goes right into the front of the cab, there really isn't any need to access anything else.

Time to create page: 0.281 seconds