Cubo 15

More
12 years 5 months ago #17473 by mooreman
Replied by mooreman on topic Cubo 15
Ok thankyou very much Mr Cubo! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #17484 by stevediablo
Replied by stevediablo on topic Cubo 15
Thanks to Johan for sending on the plans for the Cubo 15 extra extend version...

I will be loading these with Precision Devices PD154 drivers. I made a start today on assembly... The birch ply was bought from my local B & Q and they also did the majority of the panel cutting on their large panel saw.

Here are some pics of the build so far....

www.flickr.com/photos/25241729@N00/sets/72157629482588524/

More to follow hopefully later in the week. I'm waiting on top hats and t nuts etc, so want to make sure that all the hardware will be compatible with the various panels still to go into place...

Steven.

Update:
More build pics uploaded....
1st Cubo assembled, just to be rounded over, filled, painted and loaded....

Quite pleased with the result so far as this is my 1st build.... smiley1

More
12 years 4 months ago #17560 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo 15
Jim,

Is the Xmax for that driver correct? 0.5 mm is little even for a driver used in a top (n0 indicates that use) or was it perhaps a bass guitar driver?

Best regards

Cubo

More
12 years 4 months ago #17562 by Cubo15
Diablo,

Cubo Extra Extended is optimised for low Qts, low Vas drivers. Cubo Extended for low/medium Qts, medium/low Vas drivers.

The PD 154 is a typical horn driver and as such the horn component in Cubo 15 is enlarged (the reflex component is smaller in return) to favor such a driver.

Best regards

Cubo

More
12 years 4 months ago #17564 by jlmusic
Replied by jlmusic on topic Cubo 15

Cubo15 wrote: Jim,

Is the Xmax for that driver correct? 0.5 mm is little even for a driver used in a top (n0 indicates that use) or was it perhaps a bass guitar driver?

Best regards

Cubo

Apologies. Those figures for the driver were from winisd
Having checked the spec sheet attached, it should be 11.5
2nd column from right, C15-400BS

Puts my simulated reflex box plot in question
Thanks again
Jim

More
12 years 4 months ago #17566 by Cubo15
That seems to be the Xmech (p-p). Xmax following (Hvc-Hg)/2 = 0.5 mm and following (Hvc-Hg)/2 +1/4 Hg = 3 mm, suggesting use in a 2 or 3 way top cabinet or low power use in Cubo 15 Extended (P < 200 Watt with high pass).

Best regards

Cubo

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #17577 by stevediablo
Cubo,

I have finished one of the Cubo 15 Extra Extended (apart from painting) and have fitted a PD154 into it. I have fitted it magnet side into the chamber and wired it normally (pin 1+ to red on the PD). Is this what you would recommend?

I have tested it with various types of music (jazz, rock, pop and reggae) and to my ears is sounds really good. The bass has a nice warm, rounded tone and there are no rattles or strange noises coming from the cabinet, so I guess that's a good thing! smiley1

Looking forward to building the other one, and if all is good, perhaps a further 2. I have 8 HD15's at present and have though about using 4 Cubo with 4 HD above... Run the Cubos 40 - 90Hz and the HD's from 90-150Hz.

comments? Suggestions?

Thanks,
Steven.
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by stevediablo.

More
12 years 4 months ago #17579 by bee
Replied by bee on topic Cubo 15
the cubos i ran, i run with the magnet in the horn, this gives a better bottom end, but for a more rounded sound and less bottom end magnet in chamber is the way to go....... try the driver the other way and see what suits you best......

More
12 years 4 months ago #17580 by stevediablo

bee wrote: the cubos i ran, i run with the magnet in the horn, this gives a better bottom end, but for a more rounded sound and less bottom end magnet in chamber is the way to go....... try the driver the other way and see what suits you best......

Most of my use will be for live music, so the ability to drop to 40Hz isn't as important as a smooth, flat response. I will give it a try in the mouth though to get a comparison, although maybe wait until I've built the other one and be able to A / B them easily.

More
12 years 4 months ago #17910 by stevediablo
Updated build pics here:

www.flickr.com/photos/25241729@N00/sets/72157629482588524//

Pink noise plot Cubo 15's and Nexo PS10's....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25241729@N00/7159685812/sizes/c/in/set-72157629482588524/

Time to create page: 0.273 seconds