Cubo 15

More
12 years 10 months ago #15866 by tweeter box
Replied by tweeter box on topic Cubo 15

Cubo15 wrote: That's a negative, there's currently no Cubo-design I would recommend for the 70 - 160 Hz operating range. Cubo 15 will be massively loud in that range but doesn't sound right above 125 Hz in my opinion. If up to 140 Hz there might be some other designs to be mentioned but for up to 160 Hz only the HD15 comes to mind.

The cut sheet for Cubo 15 Extended is the same as for the Standard version plus a single panel of 18 x 58.4 cm.

Best regards

Cubo

i never play that high anyway but its the range that my "crossover" can play up till
i think i may build one out of mdf n see how it sounds with pd1550 in it

could you pls explain further on the single panel of 18 x 58.4 as i can only see the one plan for this box smiley5

Time is longer than road.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #15871 by bee
Replied by bee on topic Cubo 15
tweet its this plan below,

www.hardware-test.de/hornresp/C15Extended.PNG

the extended bit is the panel above the driver baffle (180mm).

More
12 years 10 months ago #15879 by tweeter box

bee wrote: tweet its this plan below,

www.hardware-test.de/hornresp/C15Extended.PNG

the extended bit is the panel above the driver baffle (180mm).

nice one Ben smiley20

gonna have a play with one very soon and see how it sounds as kick

if it does what i need it to then ill be needing some ply cut up smiley17

More
12 years 10 months ago #15880 by tweeter box
Mr Cubo, if i was to build the non-extended version and put a 1550 in it would this play better for the kick region im aiming at? as the extended feature helps with the lower frequencies doesnt it?

or what if i was to reverse load the driver? would this make the low freq response a bit less and the higher freq a bit louder?

More
12 years 10 months ago #15883 by luton_soundman
Replied by luton_soundman on topic Cubo 15
if you reversed the driver you would make the chamber bigger so would make it sound lower and deeper i'd imagine? smaller chamber should give you the tighter kick you want

More
12 years 10 months ago #15885 by tweeter box

luton_soundman wrote: if you reversed the driver you would make the chamber bigger so would make it sound lower and deeper i'd imagine? smaller chamber should give you the tighter kick you want

i thought if u reverse the driver the magnet would be inside the chamber making it smaller smiley5 and so giving you tighter kick

doesnt the standard box have the magnet facing out of the box?

More
12 years 10 months ago #15886 by COZY PILLOW
Replied by COZY PILLOW on topic Cubo 15
I would not use this box for Kick as it does sound poor above 120Hz. It was designed as a bass cab.

this would suit your needs better, I think and maybe others will agree. www.freespeakerplans.com/es18bph.html

I believe the HD15's are good also but I use SMT212's crossed at 110Hz and Cubo's together and the kick we get from them is amazing.
The Cubo's are unbelieveable for their size and if you use a Matrix Amp with them they astound people.

Build them anyway and use them for bass you'll like what you feel.

More
12 years 10 months ago #15887 by bee
Replied by bee on topic Cubo 15
the cubo is designed to have a 2 way loading, magnet in chamber, makes it a more musical box, adding the extended brace makes it play higher. Magnet in horn, makes the cubo play lower, adding the extended version increases the higher limit..... i would not use the cubo for kick, its great as a sub cab and sounds best crossed over at 120 or less. The cubo moves alot of air and has a very warm tone to it, its very reflex like in sound but better spl. There is not a big choice for a diy 15" kick cab, that sounds good. the hd15 is ok but lacks compared to production cabs. There is a diy 15" kick cab that is awesome, but its not ready to be unvailed yet smiley2 ......... and is designed to sit on top of the cubos....... ill tell more when its had a few more tweeks........

More
12 years 10 months ago #15888 by luton_soundman
Replied by luton_soundman on topic Cubo 15
i thought reversed would be magnet facing out, and normal would be magnet inside. so we're both right smiley20 cos we both ment the same thing. tweet if you had your old kicks back you wouldnt be able to fit all 4 mts on top would you?

More
12 years 10 months ago #15889 by crossed
Replied by crossed on topic Cubo 15

bee wrote: the cubo is designed to have a 2 way loading, magnet in chamber, makes it a more musical box, adding the extended brace makes it play higher. Magnet in horn, makes the cubo play lower, adding the extended version increases the higher limit..... i would not use the cubo for kick, its great as a sub cab and sounds best crossed over at 120 or less. The cubo moves alot of air and has a very warm tone to it, its very reflex like in sound but better spl. There is not a big choice for a diy 15" kick cab, that sounds good. the hd15 is ok but lacks compared to production cabs. There is a diy 15" kick cab that is awesome, but its not ready to be unvailed yet smiley2 ......... and is designed to sit on top of the cubos....... ill tell more when its had a few more tweeks........

Sounds fun! I don't play out professionally, so I'm just doing this for fun. Once budgeting allows I'll have to look at building these too and have a matching set. Budget is what has taken me so long to get the Cubo15s done. smiley20

I have my Cubo15's cut and in the garage ready for assembly... and I just got all the hardware/speakers in. I'm hoping to get out in the garage tomorrow morning and get the handle holes and such cut out and routed. I have to start early so I can watch some football in the afternoon!

Time to create page: 0.298 seconds