Cubo 15

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #20489 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo15
@Anjimoor: Nice paint job, cool colour too, don't see that too often.

@Monop0d: Those will work but will fall into the "300 - 400 W max amplifier power a piece category" due the relative small Xmax.

@Peter: Hornresp seems to think so (Cubo 15 Extended), I would start with the magnet in the chamber (magnet non-visible) due to the lowish Vas.

Btw. Anybody else that doesn't see the left or right side of the page (without horizontal scrollbar). Or is it just IE8 mocking my internet experience?

Best regards

Cubo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #20490 by anjmoor
Replied by anjmoor on topic Cubo 15
still anticipating a Cubo design kick cab here hence why I have staved off the urge to build a second modded es-15, thankyou for the compliment to the colour of my Cubos but that was just due to having that colour here at home , if I told you what paint it was you would probably laugh but to be fair these cabs sat in a water logged garden for two days in a marquee and not a drop of water penetrated the paint and got to the MDF and certainly didnt cost as much as tuff cab.
Its Great to see that your design has proved to be a force to be reckoned with amongst first time cab builders and certainly inspired me to carry on with self build cabs.
Also it has made me research much more information about the finer points of PA systems as a whole and also to make an effort to read up on the writings of some of the more senior and knowledgable members here at the site who always share their expansive information.

More
11 years 1 day ago #20579 by Sailor
Replied by Sailor on topic Cubo 15
Built my first cubo loaded with jbl 2225h and tested it together with my pioneer speaker as mid with an old kenwood 300w amplifier without any equalizer. Its sounds like thunder with just half of the amp volume. Everything close is shaking including my kids. Those presents were amazed how this small cabinet sounds including my friend who owns a br cabinet loaded with 2 18 inch driver. Many thanks to cubo for sharing us his knowledge and inventions.
I noticed something is wrong with my mid, it cant keep up with the cubo because of its size. Anyway Im still building my new mid at hte moment of course with the help of cubo.
Again many thanks cubo. Keep up the good work.

More
11 years 1 day ago #20581 by Sailor
Hey Guys.
Any recomendations about handles for my cubos? I have seen photos on this thread how they make handles for the cubos. they cut holes and make a box inside the cubo to cover the holes. Im just worried it migth affect the output as mr. cubo said reducing the volume of the chamber will affect the output. I plan to cut holes for my cubos but I will use aluminium handles so it will not reduce the chamber volume too much. Is it ok? This is my first build so Im just carefull and I really like my cubos.
Any advice from you guys who are more experienced about this will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Vic

More
10 years 11 months ago #20588 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo 15
@Sailor: I prefer those wooden handles/ wooden boxes. Volume-wise it will not noticeably effect performance, it might be even hard to measure. After certain conditions are met the design is rather forgiving in nature. With regular boxes, roughly 5 x 20 x 20 cm times two is 4 liters, well within reason.
If you have already made the Cubo('s) it might be hard to round of the handles on the inside. In that case aluminum handles will be more comfortable.

@Anjimoor: Just send me an e-mail at questionsaboutcubo.at.gmail.com, you'll be well satisfied.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sailor

More
10 years 11 months ago #20589 by Sailor
Thanks, youre right it will be a little sharp on the inside edge of the holes. So aluminium handles here we go. I cant work on the mid at the moment Im busy with my papers for work. Ill be off for work next week and for the next four months I will miss my cubos. Im working on oilplatforms in the middle of the world oceans and that would give me enough time to plan for my mid. I have read on this forum about smt 212. Do you think mr. cubo, it would match my cubos with only a single driver? Any suggestions? Im still planning on what driver I will use for my mid.
I will post photos of my cubos next time. I use 18mm marine ply. I build it with the help of a furniture shop( I pay for the services of course).

More
10 years 11 months ago #20612 by roberttg
Replied by roberttg on topic Cubo15
I am looking to build a pair of these and I am having trouble seeing were the handles and panel should be placed. can any one help? Also anyone have any tips for the order of which parts should be built first

More
10 years 11 months ago #20621 by Sailor
It depends on you where you want it to be, but mostly on the side of the cabinet. I have seen some photos on this thread the handles are in an awkward position but they said theyre comfortable with it.
Cubo is very simple to build, the hardest thing is cutting the panels.
Just be patient, some members are willing to share their ideas and experience building the cubos.
Anyway Ill be flying to the gulf for work tomorrow and for the next 4 months . Wish me luck.

More
10 years 11 months ago #20626 by anjmoor
Replied by anjmoor on topic Cubo 15
I put my handles in the chamber, just cut holes and made handle boxes , I do this with all my home built speakers

More
10 years 11 months ago #20630 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo 15
@Sailor: A double would be better but technically a single should reach 100 Hz as well. From what I gathered 100 Hz is about as low as these will play. The horn/ waveguide will add mostly in the 160 -220 Hz area. Personally I would look into, for example the 18sound kit 12 www.speakerstore.nl/constructions/show/56 mainly because of the larger rear chamber, imho better if you're looking for a single driver enclosure.

@Roberttg: Somewhere in the first 10 pages of these topic (IIRC page 7 and 9) contain a lot of build pics, pretty much revealing the best build order as well.

Best regards

Cubo

Time to create page: 0.306 seconds