mt122 loading

More
14 years 6 months ago #8090 by bee
Replied by bee on topic mt122 loading

the 18sound or B&C still plot alot better.......

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #8093 by giveortake
Replied by giveortake on topic mt122 loading
Excellent topic, 12" horn loaded mid drivers are of interest to a lot of us.
thank you
smiley20

What is your philosophy of life or your creed ?
\"Have a good time, ALL THE TIME\"

Wisdom is better than silver and gold !

More
14 years 6 months ago #8096 by Tony Wilkes
Replied by Tony Wilkes on topic mt122 loading
Why do people pay so much attention to Simm software? It only needs small variations of the T/S parameters which are usually a mile out to give huge variations in the published results.

The scoop lovers really crack me up with their constant reworking of various parameters within Hornresp.

Used as a very rough guide it has its uses but the only real way is to build measure and listen.

Tony

More
14 years 6 months ago #8101 by chaudio
Replied by chaudio on topic mt122 loading
It is a good point Tony. The simulations can tell you whether a driver is suited for the application or not and can help shortlist some candidate drivers for a cabinet, which is really what we're doing here. I try to only recommend drivers that I've had experience with.

More
14 years 6 months ago #8102 by Tony Wilkes

chaudio wrote: It is a good point Tony. The simulations can tell you whether a driver is suited for the application or not and can help shortlist some candidate drivers for a cabinet, which is really what we're doing here. I try to only recommend drivers that I've had experience with.

Hiya Chris hope you are well.

What you wrote above smiley20

I just get pigged off when I see drivers recommended purely on their performance in simms and the poster has never even seen one let alone listened to it.

Must stop getting on my high horse, at my age its getting back off the bugger that's the problem.

Tony

More
14 years 6 months ago #8106 by bee
lol..... The pd loaded mt's a heard last weekend sounded amongst the best so i have heard. So on a listening only basis i would recommend. But without hearing all available drivers for this cab then i cant comment. On what is based as a guide the 18 sound and b&C do come out on top. what drivers would you recommend Tony W........

More
14 years 6 months ago #8111 by Tony Wilkes
@ Bee To be honest I have absolutely no experience with horn loaded mid's at least not in the last 10 years. I decided when I started building speakers again after quite a few years away that I would concentrate on direct radiating only. To me anything that you stick on the front of a cone can only make the sound worse.

From my experience over too many years with speakers I realize that almost no correlation can be made with a drivers spec's and the way that it actually sounds. I have heard drivers with amazing spec's sound terrible and moderate drivers sound amazing, there is still an awful amount of "Art" amongst the science.

Tony

More
14 years 6 months ago #8113 by bee
this is true :clap: ..... i got in to speakers and design after dj'ing on many systems over the years and wanting to learn more. One thing i have noticed is how the sound changes on a system by changing a mixer, or amp etc (differant makes), and how important it is to set up your sound rig according to what gear you play through it. And more importantly when building a rig making shure its the right cab you choose for the sound you want. f1 for example is great for dance music, but for me does not sound too good for live music. The old 80 / 90's turbo sound was great for dance music but was not so good for live music. The new turbo stuff sounds alot better for live music than dance...... the list goes on. (please note this is just my opinion)..... The pd didnt plott as the best choice but to me made the mt's i played on last week sound the best i have heard this cab design sound.

More
14 years 6 months ago #8115 by levyte357
Replied by levyte357 on topic mt122 loading

Tony Wilkes wrote: Why do people pay so much attention to Simm software? It only needs small variations of the T/S parameters which are usually a mile out to give huge variations in the published results.

The scoop lovers really crack me up with their constant reworking of various parameters within Hornresp.

Used as a very rough guide it has its uses but the only real way is to build measure and listen.

Tony

:lol:

Some of us have heard all the drivers we recommend, and know when the sims out, or spot on.

\"When in Vegas, do as the vegasians do\".

More
14 years 6 months ago #8116 by bee
smiley20 I still have alot more drivers to go lol..... this means a lot more nights out in front of big stacks of speakers..... life is so hard, lol

Time to create page: 0.297 seconds