Free Speaker Plans Meet.....

More
14 years 8 months ago #7397 by saul
Replied by saul on topic Free Speaker Plans Meet.....

bee wrote: saul i wasnt slating so far all the matrix amps i have heard have sounded nice. I was referring to the punishment that they where put through at the meet. And yes they took it and didnt distort even when pushed to the max. I would consider buying some.

cool. my mistake

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bee
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
14 years 8 months ago #7398 by bee

• heathrow_b_line
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
14 years 8 months ago #7400 by heathrow_b_line
Replied by heathrow_b_line on topic Free Speaker Plans Meet.....
many thanks to bee and giveortake for arranging this!

thanks also to everyone who brought bits along... We need a separate thread for jsg's green pocket rig, interesting spl/size ratio

Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.

More
14 years 8 months ago #7401 by levyte357
Replied by levyte357 on topic Free Speaker Plans Meet.....

Tony.A.S.S. wrote: I was able to check the speakers this morning, and in spite of the smell of melting voice coil etc. the speakers are fine, in fact I put them through the 5hz interval test as before and if anything the speakers respond slightly better than before, due to the running in mode they were put through yesterday. Nice one B and C.

That's good Mr T...

But I dont think you've really heard what those scoops can do yet. I reckon Turbomax/V18-1000 will really shine in those cabs.

We're planning another shootout on SP, all input from the chaps here would be much appreciated.

\"When in Vegas, do as the vegasians do\".

More
14 years 8 months ago #7402 by nickyburnell
Replied by nickyburnell on topic Free Speaker Plans Meet.....
Lovely to see everybody, putting names to faces. Me and Barry had to leave early, missed the Matrix stuff etc. Brilliant turn out! Some good natured fun with Tim & Mike, everybodies ego intact!
Tony, they are art. Phil and Wattco boys, I love those bins, my kinda sound.
Anyhow, I've been posting loads on here trying to get it moving, sometimes just talking utter nonsense with Bee or whoever. Going to take a back seat now unless I have an answer to a question, or need one. The meet should have kick started something better here, hopefully people with a lot more knowlege than me will take the lead. It's a nice place to be.
Peace and Love smiley33

More
14 years 8 months ago #7403 by saul

levyte357 wrote:

Tony.A.S.S. wrote: I was able to check the speakers this morning, and in spite of the smell of melting voice coil etc. the speakers are fine, in fact I put them through the 5hz interval test as before and if anything the speakers respond slightly better than before, due to the running in mode they were put through yesterday. Nice one B and C.

That's good Mr T...

But I dont think you've really heard what those scoops can do yet. I reckon Turbomax/V18-1000 will really shine in those cabs.

We're planning another shootout on SP, all input from the chaps here would be much appreciated.

Are we talking BIG / MEDIUM chamber - what kinda litre-age?

• bee
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
14 years 8 months ago #7404 by bee
Replied by bee on topic Free Speaker Plans Meet.....
saul tony has posted 2 threads in the scoop section with pics etc and loads of other info very good reading indeed. smiley20

More
14 years 8 months ago #7405 by saul
great, cheers.

just wondering on ways to spend money. smiley36 maybe some lovely ASS full size would be nice.....

• bee
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
14 years 8 months ago #7406 by bee
Replied by bee on topic Free Speaker Plans Meet.....
hell yes, ive never been a big scoop fan but they blew me away. I would be interested in the mini scoops.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 8 months ago #7413 by
Replied by on topic Free Speaker Plans Meet.....

bee wrote: hell yes, ive never been a big scoop fan but they blew me away. I would be interested in the mini scoops.

Ha ha ha! Ben as you suggested mate I want an RX18 as a Coffin when that day finally comes! smiley2

Great to put names too faces etc. (I was the noisey one in the green & white striped shirt lol.)

For me the XXL stuff was great and a nice listen, but the RX18 mk2 and RX18 junior just blew them away. Forgot just how good RX18's are! Nice too meet Tony to.

Mental note too self must try and convince newly wedds they must have a "big a.s.s'd stack" of speakers at their reception! :lol: Wonder if I'll get away with it ha ha ha!

Big well done too Bee and Give or take and those others who organised! Well worth the trip!

Definately up for another meet!

Will;)

Time to create page: 0.324 seconds