the 2nd FSP Meet 2011

More
13 years 7 months ago #11337 by nickyburnell
Replied by nickyburnell on topic the 2nd FSP Meet 2011
WHen I said MC: Just so there is an organisational pattern.
Happy to let anybody do it, doesn't need to be miked or anything, just putting stuff on, in order and letting people know what it is.
IE, OK this is Mikeys new bin, specs are "" or over to Mikey.
Actually yes, got it. Me or someone, introduces product, we play it, then the owner can answer questions or demonstrate themselves.
We could just put stuff on as it arrives but have the first hour mapped out maybe. Or the first hour just chatting and browsing, then on to it.
I think music source should be in house CD player and mixer, then use in house LMS or one supplied by person with cab, their choice. This is where the twins were/are cool.
Personally I think Pre-amp is probably too much for the day, we're looking at cabs, not individual sounds, easy enough to EQ LMS anyhow.
Last time was cool, just needs a little more stucture this time IMHO.

There may be people out there who would like to do the MC (!) bit, maybe with a lot more experience than me, I'm cool either way, just giving the option.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #11339 by nickyburnell
OK, just checked with Barry, BP Sound.

He'll supply CDJ1000, Allen & Heath DJ mixer, (mono sum out, which is cool),big LAB Gruppen amp and all cables. I think he has an XTA, but to be honest a fresh Berry would be good, and as it looks like I'm going to have to buy another....
I'll supply. "Generic" mid top for use with bins generally, X12 with all neo correct componants.

We need a bit added to the forum where people can add to a list, ergo creating a list of what they are bringing, rather than it being lost in a thread.

Nick

More
13 years 7 months ago #11341 by MAutopsy
Replied by MAutopsy on topic the 2nd FSP Meet 2011
I hope you gentlemen have fun over there smiley20

• Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 7 months ago #11343 by
Replied by on topic the 2nd FSP Meet 2011
sounds cool. if bp is bringing all the gubbins then i'll leave my rack at home. could bring a tham15 i'm currently building if thats to anyone's taste. will have pd1550 or pdn15br40 loaded. might have some other diy bits by then also.

is there any mileage in agreeing a bunch of test tunes? i imagine everyone waving their cds at the MC could become a little tiresome.

More
13 years 7 months ago #11345 by nickyburnell
Good point, test tunes. Bring your rackas well, perhaps we could set both up and switch from one to the other etc.

Perhaps Lev can suggest dub tune, then some dubstep, some techno for kick, difficult this.
Any thoughts anybody?

Test tones CD, maybe that Mogale 30hz track for the brave.
Mikey, what you think?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 7 months ago #11346 by
Replied by on topic the 2nd FSP Meet 2011
cool, in that case i will bring 1x lab2000c, 1x lab1200c and a soundweb or dcx (whichever you lot prefer). can also bring some 10+1s as "generic" tops if needed for the 2nd setup. but i guess it would be nice to have the same top end on each setup whilst comparing subs.
although i'd better say now that if i get a hire or asked to work on the day of the meet then i will have to put that first.

as for test tunes i would like to place a vote for "quantic & his combo barbaro - I just fell in love again". its got a bit of everything in it from kick drum upwards.

as for bassline, i agree with nicky that the void tune should be on the list. most folk will prob be familiar with it already so that makes it a winner i guess.
i've got some fairly sickening modern dub tunes i could bring along. earthquake studios and the like.

looking forward to this already!

• bee
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
13 years 7 months ago #11413 by bee

More
13 years 7 months ago #11414 by nickyburnell
Well many are quiet, even though online.

Anybody disagree with date?

• bee
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
13 years 7 months ago #11416 by bee
Replied by bee on topic the 2nd FSP Meet 2011
So once again last chance because the venue needs booking..........

All ok for sunday 27th march...........

Please say if its not....... at mo i can book any date in march........

More
13 years 7 months ago #11419 by nickyburnell
Perhaps there arn't enough scoops going smiley36

Time to create page: 0.266 seconds