the 2nd FSP Meet 2011

More
13 years 7 months ago #11324 by mykey-
Replied by mykey- on topic the 2nd FSP Meet 2011

nickyburnell wrote: Dare I say this should be an amatuar meet? Sort of peeps showing off their non factory builds, designs and ideas?
Only a thought, FREE speaker plans after all

but more than quite a few are selling made up free designs. Obviously they will never own up. You can see where it all gets a bit messy suggesting things like that?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bee
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
13 years 7 months ago #11325 by bee
Replied by bee on topic the 2nd FSP Meet 2011
i think the same rules should apply as the last meet..... if people want to hear something or ask questions about a product then they should. weather its diy or not. But focus more on the diy side. For one i would like to hear the usb2's, but i would not regard this as a diy cab because you need to buy the plans....... I would also like to hear some of tonys ass's bits....... but im happy to go with majority vote on what u guys want.

More
13 years 7 months ago #11327 by nickyburnell
Replied by nickyburnell on topic the 2nd FSP Meet 2011

mykey- wrote:

nickyburnell wrote: Dare I say this should be an amatuar meet? Sort of peeps showing off their non factory builds, designs and ideas?
Only a thought, FREE speaker plans after all

but more than quite a few are selling made up free designs. Obviously they will never own up. You can see where it all gets a bit messy suggesting things like that?

Good point Mikey. Just taking what I said loosely would do I recon, as Bee says.
Cubo, Marc 0, Mikey etc etc. All have done free plans, will be good to hear them.
One cab limit is also good idea.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 7 months ago #11328 by
Replied by on topic the 2nd FSP Meet 2011

bee wrote: For one i would like to hear the usb2's, but i would not regard this as a diy cab because you need to buy the plans.......

are the plans being sold now? i was under the impression it was only available as a finished cab from tomschute. been after a copy of the plans for a while!

nickyburnell wrote: One cab limit is also good idea.

with regard to the USB2 i would very much like to hear more than one cab stacked together.

• bee
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
13 years 7 months ago #11329 by bee
sorry cudds yes as far as i know they are being made to order........... cudds the venue only holds 250 to 300 people, but has very good accoustics...... to be able to hear a good cross section of cabs room (wise) 1 cab worked very well at the last meet. yes in multiple cabs will play lower, but wont change the over sound of a cab...... 1 cab will still give you a good idea of how it sounds...... By putting in multiply cabs it makes it more of a sound shoot out which was not what the meet is about.

More
13 years 7 months ago #11331 by mykey-
Replied by mykey- on topic the 2nd FSP Meet 2011
I wasn't being rude, sorry

It's just that when I read it, I imagined me and Tony stuck outside the building having a cup of tea and listening to the place rattle

More
13 years 7 months ago #11332 by nickyburnell
Replied by nickyburnell on topic the 2nd FSP Meet 2011
I think the only thing to try and improve on from last time is to hear as many single designs as poss, rather than anybody bringing a complete system.
There was nothing wrong with those that did that last time, just there are so many new designs now, and so little time.
Also it's not a shoot out, or just a scoop show, or just a sub show. This may keep some of the single minded away, hope not, but diversity is a good thing in any walk of life.
I want to hear Cubo's, Martinson, Staips 15" mini, TDA version of MT, Shortman and Rhino and MS18 and Hugo mini. Startec would be nice. Some DIY mids and some gereral reflex would be nice. Also X1 and USB.
I think I can get Barry to bring 1 x USB with Turbomax 1500's in. I have some correctly loaded X12's to serve as mid top stooges.
Aslo anybody got any oldscool, some 4520,s 4560's? T18's are always slagged, as are Wembley bins, so let's hear them. Also I think there are some OLD RCF bins in Barry lock-up, would be a nice comparison.
BMS stuff on show would be very cool.

• bee
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
13 years 7 months ago #11333 by bee

mykey- wrote: I wasn't being rude, sorry

It's just that when I read it, I imagined me and Tony stuck outside the building having a cup of tea and listening to the place rattle

smiley36

• bee
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
13 years 7 months ago #11334 by bee
wicked stuff nicky, i have an mt121 i can bring, getting the 12" drivers this week, does anybody have a 1" hf and horn to loan for the day, can stick this in the mt. ive not decided whether to keep them or sell them on...... hopefully my new horn im designing may be ready for you guys to listen too and pull apart as well...... smiley19 ..

• bee
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
13 years 7 months ago #11335 by bee
We need to start getting things organised,

nicky you offered to be mc on the day............ anyone disagree

The twins done a great job last meet in setting all the sound up............ can they do this meet, is there anybody else who may want to do this,

Photography...... any body want to take charge of this..........

We need members to start letting us now what kit u can bring........ anybody want to take charge of organising a kit list that will be there at the meet.........

any members want to volunteer to help with getting the kit up the flight of stairs....... ( nice big open stair case not very steep)

a guest list for the day, so we now who is who........

can you think of anything i have missed..........

and most of all confirmation of date of event........ time say 1 till 7ish....... same as last year..... we could go longer if needed......

Time to create page: 0.256 seconds