importing pioneers from the states

• bee
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
14 years 8 months ago #7387 by bee
need a quick reply on this one, cheers....... if i import 2 cdj 1000mk3 and 1 djm800 from america will they work over here. i now the states run on 110v so the plugs would need to be changed. on my uk spec pioneer gear there is a switch on the back for 110 or 240 would this be the same for the us stuff. i have been offered a deal though ebay 1200usd for the above new still boxed.......sounds to good to be true. but the seller has a very good rep and its all through ebay........he says they can be used in uk but wanted to double check.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #7394 by MAutopsy
Replied by MAutopsy on topic importing pioneers from the states
Bee,
The specs say 120v 60Hz (Which is our standard) nothing i have found tells me otherwise. It only draws 28W. I Know over here, we can purchase adapters and transformers to make things work for under $100USD, noit sure what is offered over there.
I will say this though, most of the pro gear built here has 120/ 220 switches, because a lot of these guys have their own electrical panels they tie into a main (they dont mess with 110 for most power amps and such)
Hope that helps a little

• bee
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
14 years 8 months ago #7395 by bee
Replied by bee on topic importing pioneers from the states
cheers m8t i think it is a scam any way. i lost the bid by a £10 and was contacted via the seller. i got an email then from ebay but it states payment via western union only!!!!!! first give away of scam. then the address is in given for money transfer to romania.... 2nd clue to scam. Im waiting for ebay to get back to me. The other reason i think its a scam is the price he only wants 1200.00 usd for 2 cdj 1000 mk3 and a 800 mixer.... if its not a scam then its gonna be a bargain.....lol And he clames the gear is brand new boxed and unopened. The only issue is getting hold of any one at ebay they dont have any phone numbers on there site so sent email....

More
14 years 8 months ago #7417 by MAutopsy
Replied by MAutopsy on topic importing pioneers from the states
Yeah, dont do it. people on craigs list are trying to do that all the time. It's a scam

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds