• Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
14 years 8 months ago #7312 by nickyburnell
The rant post. was created by nickyburnell
People who don't say thank you
People who don't answer emails/PM's.
People who dont answer calls. Big companies in PA world, FFS wake up!
Companies who don't update their websites, or list stuff they don't have. SSE, Bonza et all.
People who promise deadlines then lie.
People who go to work to put on parking tickets/do speed traps. HOW do you look in the mirror? Just doin' your job..

On a plus point, got trapped down country lane in snow, big blizzard, beached! Two mile walk pitch black downhill. Tractor turns up, gives me lift, can't get past car, calls family, comes out in second tractor, tows me a mile backwards, wouldn't take a penny. Reminded me why I left London. smiley1

Add your rants below

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #7321 by bee
Replied by bee on topic The rant post.
got a parking ticket from machine for my van in london. To my surprise when i returned it had been ticketed by a meeter maid........ Because wait for it the ticket i used was correct in every way but i had writen the regastration number on it in pencil. On the very very small print it states it must be in pen. £180.00 fine...... nice. smiley29 im still fighting this at mo with brent council...

• nickyburnell
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
14 years 8 months ago #7326 by nickyburnell
Replied by nickyburnell on topic The rant post.

bee wrote: got a parking ticket from machine for my van in london. To my surprise when i returned it had been ticketed by a meeter maid........ Because wait for it the ticket i used was correct in every way but i had writen the regastration number on it in pencil. On the very very small print it states it must be in pen. £180.00 fine...... nice. smiley29 im still fighting this at mo with brent council...

(Most) of the traffic wardens around here in the summer will knock on the front door and warn you. They were all born around here, it's not in their nature/culture to be malicious bastards. The last warden I spoke to in London, asking advice, was incoherant and could in no way communicate in English, also bloody rude, and smelly. They are employed solely for their thick skinned nastiness, ergo money making ability.
The thing that ticketed you should be buried alive in their own poo or similar. Just doing their job...

Love a rant

More
14 years 8 months ago #7341 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic The rant post.
It's only mainly politicians that take us to war, so next time there's a murmur concerning trouble, I suggest we all gang up and shoot the offending politicians. I have lived under politics for many years, and I can assure you all that this lot are the worst there has been in my lifetime.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

More
14 years 8 months ago #7344 by bee

More
14 years 7 months ago #7494 by tony.a.s.s.
another pet hate of mine.......... Pedestrians who walk straight out in front of you on a crossing. People seem to have forgotten that you only cross when the road is clear.
Bike riders who ride on the pavement, and then ride out in front of you on the crossing. I'm not even sure whether that's legal. Enlighten me someone.

More
14 years 7 months ago #7496 by Tony Wilkes
Replied by Tony Wilkes on topic The rant post.
Tony, I always thought it was illegal to ride on the pavement but I have to admit that I do it a fair amount. Try riding on the road especially around the time that mom's are doing the school run and you will see why. Every BMW X5 must come with specific instructions that bicycle handlebars only have to be missed by 10mm !!!

Our local community support officers ride their cycles on the pavement as well.

Tony AJ

More
14 years 7 months ago #7497 by tony.a.s.s.
With todays roads as they are I can understand riding on the pavement. One of my daughters who lives in Hackney bikes it to Fulham. She has to call us every morning to let us know she is there safe. It gives us nightmares.
The illegal bit I was more concerned with is a bike on a crossing. If you hit a pedestrian who may be entitled to be on it, you could be in trouble. If you hit someone on a bike, they are no longer pedestrians. What happens then?

More
14 years 7 months ago #7501 by bee
Replied by bee on topic The rant post.
the one that gets me is push bikes jumping red lights. :evil:

• nickyburnell
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
14 years 7 months ago #7503 by nickyburnell
Replied by nickyburnell on topic The rant post.
BMW X5's !!!!! Arrrgh, only superseeded in cock driving skills by those Porche Cayenne 4wd or whatever they're called.
We have a 4wd, its for ponies and it's muddy all the time. Why does anyone need one for the school run? Sad.

Time to create page: 0.264 seconds