Happy new year

More
14 years 8 months ago #7158 by Tony Wilkes
Replied by Tony Wilkes on topic Happy new year
Interesting thread. I would love to join in but I get so angry at the direction that the increasingly selfish human race is going that words do fail me.

Me Me Me Me and phuk you all.

Some times I wonder if we deserve to survive, lets leave what's left of the worlds resources to the next evolutionary strain that want to come forward.

See off I go grrr.

Tony

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #7159 by jazomir
Replied by jazomir on topic Happy new year

Tony.A.S.S. wrote: My biggest concern, is regarding the people who will run the country in years to come. It won't affect me, because I'll be long gone, but my children and perhaps their children will be affected.

My fear is who is going to do the work, not just run the country. There are always people who can run things and keep people in some sort of order, be it peacefully or at the end of a gun, but if no-one can perform even the simplest tasks or even wants to work we are going to be in the same position as the old Soviet Union with low productivity, no incentive to perform and disincentives for progressing with only two forms of elitism - the political and the educated. A recent documentary compared our current civilisation with those of the past (10,000+ yrs or so of recorded history) and came to the conclusion that the reason we don't have communications with alien races is that possibly there is a natural lifespan of civilisations whereupon after 2 or 3 thousand years of development the structure of society breaks down and implodes leaving very little for the next great civilisation to pick up or learn. This may also be the case on other planets ie the Universal natural order states that without meticulous planning and study of where the previous civilisations went wrong or without some great knowledge being learned any particular civilisation will only develop so far before imploding.
Pretty heavy thread for the dawning of a new decade, isn't it?

Regards,
Jazomir

Regards,
Jazomir

More
14 years 8 months ago #7161 by bee
Replied by bee on topic Happy new year
i love this site from happy new year to alians smiley36

• tony.a.s.s.
  • Topic Author
More
14 years 8 months ago #7163 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic Happy new year
The diversity of the mind is a wonderful thing. It is amazing how one subject or even a word can spark something else off in your head. This happens to me a lot, especially as I have so many distant memories logged in my brain regarding the music and PA business.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

• tony.a.s.s.
  • Topic Author
More
14 years 8 months ago #7164 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic Happy new year
double posting. two clicks instead of one. Simple.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

More
14 years 8 months ago #7166 by jazomir
Replied by jazomir on topic Happy new year

Tony.A.S.S. wrote: The diversity of the mind is a wonderful thing. It is amazing how one subject or even a word can spark something else off in your head. This happens to me a lot, especially as I have so many distant memories logged in my brain regarding the music and PA business.

Tony, what do you find is the strongest trigger for these memories? Some people find music, some people smells (apparently the strongest trigger to most people) others find simple 'links' such as words or articles in magazines or newspapers or on radio (4, of course) such as you describe. I regularly try to explain to my girls things/people/ places/events etc that I remember when I experience such triggers - usually to howls of hysterical laughter (Hawkwind - Sonic Attack) and cries of 'here he goes again' or 'how did you know him, dad?'

Regards,
Jazomir
(feeling well mellow after a bottle of good red)

Regards,
Jazomir

Time to create page: 0.254 seconds