Cleaning Faders

• super-hero
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 8 months ago #7077 by super-hero
Cleaning Faders was created by super-hero
I posted this topic on another forum, and thought I would share my findings here.

I have a mixer that has developed a crackly fader. This is a common problem and one I am sure most of you will have come accross.

I gave it a spray with some Super Servisol 10, which is general switch cleaner. This worked fine but left the fader feeling rough when you moved it. It was suggested that I lubricate the fader with some 3 in 1 oil, but I didn't want to take the mixer appart to get at the fader. So I bought some Caig Deoxit.

I have given this a go today. It does the job but does not leave the fader as smooth as I thought it would.

Does anyone have any other suggetions for something that I can spray onto the fader without taking the mixer appart.

Cheers.

I\'m not an animal. I\'m a human being.

www.phase-audio.co.uk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #7079 by bee
Replied by bee on topic Cleaning Faders
i use a can of air spray to blow out the faders. Then Clean the strips on your fader. Use either Caig CaiLube MCL 5% or a solution of Alcohol and water. Discwasher D4+ fluid will work, as well. Put a drop on a Q-Tip and wipe the strips clean. I then use some Caig CaiLube MCL 100% to lube the strips. Put a small amount on a Q-tip and apply a thin coat over the strips. Your fader should be as smooth as a babys ass now........

• super-hero
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 8 months ago #7127 by super-hero
Replied by super-hero on topic Cleaning Faders
I bougth a can of Caig Deoxit.
At first I was not over impressed, as it still left fader feeling a little scratchy. But, I think it just takes a while to wear in, as the fader is now nice and smooth.

It's a definate improvement on Servisol 10, which cleans but doesn't lubricate.

So overall it did the job, and I didn't have to strip the mixer down to clean the faders. It was a little expensive, but the time I saved not having to take the mixer appart made it worth it.

I\'m not an animal. I\'m a human being.

www.phase-audio.co.uk

More
14 years 8 months ago #7134 by bee

Time to create page: 0.220 seconds