Reflex

• nickyburnell
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
14 years 11 months ago #6409 by nickyburnell
Reflex was created by nickyburnell
Recently sold my mini scoops (pain in arse as not able to use over 90hz without honk), my ESP18-BPH (same reason, not wanting four way).
Ive now kept 4 x 18" Fane 18b 600 reflex cabs and some old Berry cabs loaded with 600w RCF and Beyma CP350 ti. Life is now simple, two way, nice small gigs on their way...
BP Sound has a huge amount of kit, mainly Opus & D&B. He never has the bass in the car park situation that horns seem to cause. He gets less feedback problems with vinal and is a very busy man, nearly always with reflex.
In all but the largest of venues, or outdoors I think reflex is the answer. Heard of some big name sounds in a certain club just not cutting it compared to the mish mash of reflex already there.
Never been a fan of Bandpass, is this the happy medium?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 11 months ago #6411 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic Reflex
I think reflex cabs have the most transparent bass sound. All the big boys use 2x18 cabs for subs.
The most successful use of the scoop is as a sub in a four way system. I never used them any other way.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

• nickyburnell
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
14 years 11 months ago - 14 years 11 months ago #6412 by nickyburnell
Replied by nickyburnell on topic Reflex
Yes, it seems most of the big LA systems use 2 x 18's now. Is that because of the fancy electrics though?
What market are the big folded horns looking at, or is it just that fashion dictates something that looks special, (F1, Turbo) etc?

Edit, spelling
Last edit: 14 years 11 months ago by nickyburnell.

More
14 years 11 months ago #6420 by Tony Wilkes
Replied by Tony Wilkes on topic Reflex
Reflex only for me I am afraid, even going smaller now with 12" reflexes with the performance of 18" ers, you just need more drivers and plenty of watts which keep getting cheaper.

Tony

Time to create page: 0.238 seconds