FIRST BUILD NEED HELP WITH SYSTEM DESIGN

• fareed1025
  • Topic Author
More
15 years 3 months ago #5920 by fareed1025
FIRST BUILD NEED HELP WITH SYSTEM DESIGN was created by fareed1025
hi i am new here, i have a set of 6 speakers all cheap brands i will like to build some boxes for small events just for friends and family the odd house party or small function, i am thinking both with COST and SIZE here, my speakers are 2-12", 2-15" and 2-18", ii will like to build a pair of mid tops with the 12" speakers, a sub bass or mid bass for the 15" speakers and a Sub box for the 18" speaker all speakers are approx 600watts each, i need enclosure suggestions please..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 months ago #5921 by bitzo
Replied by bitzo on topic FIRST BUILD NEED HELP WITH SYSTEM DESIGN
Brand? thiele small parameters?
What kind of music do you play

• fareed1025
  • Topic Author
More
15 years 3 months ago #5922 by fareed1025
Replied by fareed1025 on topic FIRST BUILD NEED HELP WITH SYSTEM DESIGN
i play disco, reggae, dance and r&b i dont have the speaker specs, the brand name is zebra: 18" has 4inch voice coil anthe 15" has a 3" voice coil and the 12 " has a 2" voice coil i know this is not much but its what i have

More
15 years 3 months ago #5927 by chaudio
Replied by chaudio on topic FIRST BUILD NEED HELP WITH SYSTEM DESIGN
I'm afraid it's very difficult to suggest cabinet designs without having some more detailed information on the drivers. Otherwise you might as well just stick them in any cab.

My best suggestion would be to build the cabs assuming typical specs for drivers which would work well in the cabs you want to build. That way at least if you upgrade to better drivers in the future, the cabs will suit them. You might also get lucky in that the drivers you have 'middle of the road' T/S params and will work ok.

Reflex cabs are the most tolerant of driver parameters, don't try anything more complex without the driver specs.

Try about 30L tuned to 80Hz for the 12", 100L tuned to 45Hz for the 15" and 180L tuned to 35Hz for the 18".

Time to create page: 0.200 seconds