The general consensus on posting plans?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 7 months ago #5391 by
Thought id better see whats acceptable practice and whats not, to avoid treading on peoples toes.

1. Does anyone and their mum who comes across plans online ok to post them up here? i.e. other peoples work, could cause some aignst

2. Wait for the creators to post them up - but accept that it would be again a long searching game to find specific plans

Personally i think it would be wicked to collate all the readily avaliable plans into one place. After all they are already avaliable to anyone searching for them.

Whats your thoughts?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 7 months ago #5392 by
Sorry its abit vague but i mean is there a problem with posting plans that are on SP in your 'plans' page

More
15 years 7 months ago #5393 by giveortake
Replied by giveortake on topic The general consensus on posting plans?

silas )))))) wrote: Thought id better see whats acceptable practice and whats not, to avoid treading on peoples toes.

1. Does anyone and their mum who comes across plans online ok to post them up here? i.e. other peoples work, could cause some aignst

2. Wait for the creators to post them up - but accept that it would be again a long searching game to find specific plans

Personally i think it would be wicked to collate all the readily avaliable plans into one place. After all they are already avaliable to anyone searching for them.

Whats your thoughts?

Good idea, it's good to set ground rules now, I am thinking:

1.Yes, BUT:

-the poster has to consider copyrights issues and try to contact/notify the creator

-all plans posts will have to me made on the mainsite as articles and contain:

--full credit/contact/website of the "creator"
--an image of the plan (obviously)
--the usuable frequency
--the type of enclosure (bp a horn a reflex etc...)
--the recommended driver(s) (with a link to the pdf of the driver from the resource section if available)
--a link to a new thread in this subforum discussing the design (please use DOC at the start of the title (eg: DOC Punisher) [... :think: will have to find a better tag].
--use relevant META keywords (HORN, SUB, 18" etc) to ease search
If we have all that it would be a good start.

Optional:

--size
--weight
--construction pics
--finished pics
--hornresp data (and link to hornrespdb.com/ if the box is available)
--plots
--cad files

(here is an exemple of what I have in mind freespeakerplans.com/index.php?option=co...34:basscab&Itemid=28 )

what do you guys think?

What is your philosophy of life or your creed ?
\"Have a good time, ALL THE TIME\"

Wisdom is better than silver and gold !

More
15 years 7 months ago #5396 by bitzo
Replied by bitzo on topic The general consensus on posting plans?
smiley20 smiley32

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 7 months ago #5400 by
yup pretty much covered it there, i think any plans that have accurate dimensions and recomended drivers would be the start point.

Time to create page: 0.218 seconds