Golden Palace event

• tony.a.s.s.
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 6 months ago #16787 by tony.a.s.s.
Golden Palace event was created by tony.a.s.s.
I know there is a lot of people like myself who crossover from this site to SP. I also know there are a lot of SP members who come on here without signing up for whatever reason.
What I'm really interested in is finding out whether anyone on here went to the GP last night. This event is getting better each month and last night was a good turn out. For me, it's certainly worth going to because it gives me insight as to what people think is a good System/sound. Getting to talk to a lot of people in one place is also very good.
It would be good if we can get some feedback on this this event posted here.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #16788 by bee
Replied by bee on topic Golden Palace event
you know i was there, sorry i did not say bye, i had to shoot off early, totally agree with you Tony. I've all ways come from a house / dance background, and each time i go to this event i learn a bit more..... not just learn about how the sound systems differ to the dance rigs i run, but learn about the culture. A lot of roots events can be very intimidating for the first timer, this event is so not, and every system that i have spoke to all ways seem willing to offer advice, and ask about how i would do things in a house / dance event......

One thing that i find strange is the pre amp, and how even the guys using them dont no for sure where the xover points are, but just set it to there ears and what sounds best...... Its allso good to see some of the rigs with a total miss match of speakers but still some how get them to sound good.....

This is the only event i look forward to each month......

at heart i have allways loved my reggae and roots music, maybe this helps, but even if you dont like the music, you can gain so much info from this event.......

its allso great to put so many names to face's of people that i chat to on the forums, this one and sp......

More
12 years 5 months ago #16927 by simonh
Replied by simonh on topic Golden Palace event
I was there for the feb event Tony, it was my first Golden Palace event. I'm a newbie when it comes to sound systems thus my reason for going was to see and hear the systems on display and hopefully educate myself along the way. Sound is purely a hobbie for my, an expensive one! Only have a very small rig myself. Looking forward to hearing your system at the next event.

Rgds
Simon

Time to create page: 0.238 seconds