Help and advice to a newcomer please !

• g6akn
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 8 months ago #16206 by g6akn
Hi and Happy / Christmas to everyone. My name is Dave and I'm a Brit living in the philippines.

I've been looking for some bass bins for my home system to punch the lower end. I found the site by accident so here I am Now I'm looking for some bins for home and occasional putside use. And I'm not sure which ones to go for HELLLLLP.

I've been looking at the CUBO 15 which from comments seems a forgiving design. I am how ever interested in the comments on the MTH30 design what would you guys suggest the answer for a fist build?

Now Iv.e looked at a number of designs on the site and a few quick questions =

1) Where do you fit the xovers and connections etc is placement critical as such top had for stacking the Mid/top units now rather than drip on I'm going to read the guide on building so any thoughts and helpful comments ! Cheers and all the best.

Dave (Manila)

PS Mods. if I've posted this in the wrong section please feel free to shove it where it should go!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #16207 by crossed
Replied by crossed on topic Help and advice to a newcomer please !
HI! My wife is from Subic Zambales. Hopefully we can take a trip over someday to visit the island.

I made some Cubo15s a while back and love them. I have a Crown XLS2000 amp that has a built in crossover pushing my Cubos. I also have a Behringer superX 3400 I got used for $50 for crossing it over. I'm not a pro and mainly use my setup in my house too, so I usually just use the built in Crown crossover because there's less wiring lol. As for connections, I just put speakons in the back and made sure it was airtight. Just be sure you dont put it behind bracing or anything like that where it would be a problem.

• g6akn
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 8 months ago #16208 by g6akn
Replied by g6akn on topic Help and advice to a newcomer please !
[attachment=0:2kezg8d5]<!-- ia0 -->'s speaker 2A.doc<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment:2kezg8d5]Thank you Scott ! I just don't know where to begin well i do it starts with a piece of wood and a hacksaw. but which cabs to build. At the moment I am just using a Konzert 502 although I am going to be upgrading the amp shortly and the curreny speakers I fancy the 15" Kevlar. keep coming back to the Cubo series as they seem to be a fairly forgiving design not to fussy about the drivers. I just want a plug and play solution.
one of the other thoughd I've had is the Cubo12 as the designer says that you should be able to cut four cabs from three sheets of 8x4 I could use those and build 4 as easy as two!

The MTH30's also a bit more woodwork but using the 12" drivers the users seem to like them.

A friend of mine who is ex BBC radio Leeds has suggested a few mods to the MTH46LC so I'm attaching his doc tto this reply for cionsideration discussion. He suggests Lino for the Roundy bits !!!!

Cheers Dave.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds