Nottinghill carnival 2011

• bee
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
13 years 3 weeks ago #14999 by bee
Nottinghill carnival 2011 was created by bee
Its been a mental weekend witch consisted of 4 rigs and 3 events in 3 days....... Friday i was helping out at the carnival cuts event, helping out with killerhurtz audio on the set up, and running of the rig for the night.

Saturday i was up early to hook up with ben and alex from killerhertz audio, and made are way over to the meeting point for setting up the floats for carnival. Met up with Ken and Tony (channel one) and started what was a long day moving cabs on to floats and all that goes with setting them up.

The speakers being lined up....

Ben Ember (killerhurtz audio) standing on some quake subs.....

me and Alex (killerhurtz audio) taking a break

nice shot of the amp racks......

powersoft and a pkn

some pics of the back of the lorry, and us having a laugh.

a side shot of the float.

a few pics of the second float, this was linked to the main float by a wireless linkup....

on saturday night i helped out at another pre carnival party with Ben and Alex, so at this point we were running on redbull, no sleep well a few hours and it was time to get up and head off to meet up with Ken again and do a few pre checks and head out on the floats.....

Ben Ember chilling on one side of the side stacks......

me on the other side

a few ground shots of the main float when we stoped on the root......

and a few of the second rig.....

me ben and alex having a good time.

Ken looking well happy....

I got to say a big thank you to Ken and Tony (channel one) for a great day and letting us loose on there system with them.....

I managed to get a few shots of other systems.....

We walked past a lot of the static rigs, but more than a few did not impress me at all, cmc i think alot of green boxes. for the amount they had sounded very under powered, but a fairly clean sound..... There was a red painted system that was nice on the lows but the tops were very distorted. next to this there was a rig that i think had more piezo than i have ever seen on a rig, propa piezo heaven far far too many for my ears........ walked past a few of the regular rigs at carnival, Jah Observer, glady wax, king tubbys and a few others........

All in all its been a very busy weekend, but a very good carnival for me......

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bee
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
13 years 3 weeks ago #15002 by bee
Replied by bee on topic Nottinghill carnival 2011
i got sent this video clip from a friend who spotted it on you tube, it shows me and ben ember hanging from the float, trying to get the side covers back out the way after a quick down poor of rain.

[tube:1x83eysu]41gZPs7mb4o[/tube:1x83eysu]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds