bad night for one of my speaker systems.......

• bee
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
13 years 1 month ago #14626 by bee
not sure why or how yet, but i lost two drivers in my tops, one sub driver an amp and 2 periferal speakers, and all i done was turn it on...... All volumes on amps where turned down, dj mixer was turned down. Was going through my usual rout of turning system on when there was a loud bang not a good sounding bang, amp switched off straight away, this powered the subs, changed amp only to find one speaker had blown. Then turned on the music very low level to find 2 12" tops had blown and 2 surround speakers...... not good. Looks like a fun expensive week ahead for me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #14628 by saul
bugger

what were the amps? what xover are you using?

also, what was the venue electrical setup?

i'd open up the amps, to give you a clue as to what went.

edit: but leave them unplugged for a while first...

• bee
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
13 years 1 month ago #14630 by bee
all the speakers are run passive 4 ev cx300's and 2 ev 18" reflex cabs on sub, 8 bose for surround. the set up runs from mixer to av2 unit to cloud zone control, then too 2 amps for the bose, and the other signal runs to a rane limiter, then an ev controller unit, then to the 2 amps 1 for sub 1 for tops....... so what's buggin me is the issue is on both of the systems, the only 2 things that they have in common is the mixer, av2 unit and the cloud zone control. The amp that blew was a crest audio run in bridged mode.........

• bee
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
13 years 1 month ago #14632 by bee
just got back from venue 1 of the 12" has a 3 inch by 1 inch hole in it, the other is rock solid with no movement in the cone, same with the 18" driver on sub duties. very strange but the 2 bose units are now working........ amp is blown defo, looks charded in side not good.... very puzzled as too why......

More
13 years 1 month ago #14633 by nrpinc
Could of been a possible spike in the power system.

• bee
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
13 years 1 month ago #14634 by bee
The dj box is on its own feed this has 2 amps, limiter, ev controll unit and mixer, decks on it, the av2 unit and another 2 amps and cloud unit are in the office on another feed. I'm thinking power spike, I'm back at venue doing another gig now, all seems ok just unpluged the speakers for the night. Running well under power but that's all I can do at this stage....

• bee
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
13 years 1 month ago #14643 by bee
found out last night that an amp allso went bang in the venue below, looks like a power spike on the mains........

Time to create page: 0.210 seconds