Forum posting guidance?

• audiomik
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 2 months ago #14348 by audiomik
Forum posting guidance? was created by audiomik
OK; this is following on from having seen a number of recent posts relating to what may be "Good Posts" or on the other hand "Bad Posts" or "Thread hijacking", etc.

Now on other Forums which I'm a member of, there are clear Rules or Guidelines as to what might be or is permissible, or not, to include within a Post also with varying levels of 'enforcement' by Moderators.

The obvious advantages of having these Rules is:
1) Threads remain 'on topic' and can be placed/moved into the best section of the Forum for the topic being discussed
2) that all Members and Moderators both have a clear set of guidelines to work within, thus substantially reducing disputes and Conflicts of Interest which may occur.
I could link to a number of other Forums' Rules here; but I'm certain many Members already have this facility and can find potentially better documents or extracts than I might smiley20

So the next step is to assess Member's thoughts on setting up Guidelines which can promote good discussion around the core "raison d'etre" of FSP whilst providing a clear set of boundaries of what is acceptable, or not, within this.
Please note that my use of the word 'Boundary' shouldn't be taken as a 'Hard' term but one with a level of flexibility perhaps should the thread return 'on-topic' say in the next post.....?

Could 'witter' on about Ethics and Conflicts of Interest which also have appeared recently; but think these are best left for the 'wider membership' rather than me doing something along the lines of another presentation to an Ethics Committee here smiley2

Anyway, one thing that I will ask for is that the Forum Moderators watch this thread and Edit any off topic posts please

thanks for reading this and I am looking forward to some constructive discussion
Mik

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• heathrow_b_line
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
13 years 2 months ago #14350 by heathrow_b_line
Replied by heathrow_b_line on topic Forum posting guidance?
just behave like human beings and be nice to one another

you can debate anything as long as everybody is polite and declares any bias

a lot of beef from speakerplans seems to have made its way over here

you should all consider it a fresh start

Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.

More
13 years 2 months ago #14351 by bee
Replied by bee on topic Forum posting guidance?
i think we need to stop the bulls@{t and get back to what this forum is about speakers amps and good reading.......... ive been flat out for the last few days, and logging on for the first time in 3 days there is a lot of unhappy reading.......... my take on this site is, it was set up to be not like other sites and free to discuss good or bad all things speakers...... not to be told what i can say or not say. as long as we keep it objective and dont start the personal attacks on members. so far all i have read tonight is members being attacked and rules about what i can say and what i cant..........

this is not good guys

remember why we all come and post hear, to share to learn, and even just to chill out, from the busy lives we live.

smiley33 to all who read this......

More
13 years 2 months ago #14354 by levyte357
Replied by levyte357 on topic Forum posting guidance?

audiomik wrote:
Now on other Forums which I'm a member of, there are clear Rules or Guidelines as to what might be or is permissible, or not, to include within a Post also with varying levels of 'enforcement' by Moderators.Mik

Good Luck Mik... :clap:

I'm sure you'll find many supporting you on your quest for order...

\"When in Vegas, do as the vegasians do\".

More
13 years 2 months ago #14355 by nickyburnell
Replied by nickyburnell on topic Forum posting guidance?
Mik is a top guy, he has much to share.

Mods REALLY need to keep an eye for the moment. Nasties will go on topic, at great length then slip in their aganda.

I think we all should stop the inuendo that we all can be guilty of, winks, nudges etc. The locked thread tells the story, nothing else is needed (for now).

I fully believe that manufacturers should not be mods. I also think that at any time a mod feels that they are compromised by: Who their friends/business aquaintances are or by what they own that they should resign.

Don't know what people think of me, not bothered either way, but if you feel you need an active moderator than I am happy to help.

I would probably be a little strict though.

My 2p worth.

More
13 years 2 months ago #14356 by bee
if another mod is needed ill 2nd you nicky...... im allso happy to mod if needed...........

More
13 years 2 months ago #14357 by levyte357
Replied by levyte357 on topic Forum posting guidance?

nickyburnell wrote: Mods REALLY need to keep an eye for the moment. Nasties will go on topic, at great length then slip in their aganda.

Well said Nick.

At least there's one sub forum with rules, that state mess won't be tolerated,

\"When in Vegas, do as the vegasians do\".

More
13 years 2 months ago #14364 by nickyburnell
Replied by nickyburnell on topic Forum posting guidance?
Is there such a thing as a Mods forum?

More
13 years 2 months ago #14367 by bee
yes there is a private section that is available to all mods, this is where mods can chat about forum issues away from the forum. Im sure this forum would have one....

More
13 years 2 months ago #14403 by giveortake
Replied by giveortake on topic Forum posting guidance?
Let me think about it... FSP, community, sharing, user experience.... ok, my opinion tomorrow NOT on a postcard ;)

What is your philosophy of life or your creed ?
\"Have a good time, ALL THE TIME\"

Wisdom is better than silver and gold !

Time to create page: 0.244 seconds