FSP Moderation Policy - What is it ?

• levyte357
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
13 years 2 months ago #14288 by levyte357
FSP Moderation Policy - What is it ? was created by levyte357
Seems we have a pile of moderators, but no moderation gets done (Except in R&C)...

Recent events clearly show coherent, agreed, uniform "standards" must be put in place, for any worthwhile moderation to take place here, and prevent anarchy from consuming this place as well.

Other forums run much more smoothly, when users know they will be held accountable for whatever they post.

Funny how we don't see rants & raves or trolls tolerated on Pro audio forum?

Suggestions?

\"When in Vegas, do as the vegasians do\".
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 2 months ago #14289 by nickyburnell
Replied by nickyburnell on topic FSP Moderation Policy - What is it ?
I think we need a copy (or guidlines) of Pro Audios system.
  • levyte357
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
13 years 2 months ago #14290 by levyte357
Replied by levyte357 on topic FSP Moderation Policy - What is it ?

nickyburnell wrote: I think we need a copy (or guidlines) of Pro Audios system.

You'd be shocked at how many forums have very capable set of guide lines, to use as template.

The R&C T's&C's I drew up were based on rules from a Cerwin Vega fans forum, and I gotta' tell yah, they don't stand for 1/10th of the stuff we see here, SJ, or on the "other" site.

Problem it seems is, people see the Name FreeSpeakerPlans, and assume it means free from order, regulation and "freeforall" in terms of post content.

More
13 years 2 months ago #14292 by nickyburnell
Only recently though. They've gone to lick their wounds now ;)

I think it will be fine, but a definate set of rules should this ever occur again?

You mods, need a mod meet :-D Or conference call anyhow.

SJ has been very tame of late though?
More
13 years 2 months ago #14295 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic FSP Moderation Policy - What is it ?
Not sure about rules, even the rule makers may have their own agendas. I prefer to see these forums as speakeasy's. Lets face it, trouble only starts, not when someone has said something, but when someone else responds. It's in our nature perhaps to take the bait. Maybe it's my age and the fact that I cant be shocked by what I read or hear. It's easy to keep the peace, just ignore certain things and keep quiet. I'm certainly not making excuses or defending any problems in the past, I'm not in the habit causing trouble, but letting people say what they want, gives me a good idea of the nature of the person I am trying to respond to.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders
More
13 years 2 months ago #14296 by nickyburnell
@ Tony. You are actually right, peoples true colours do tend to come out if you let them hang themselves.

Personal attacks are a difficult one though, hard for the person on the end of it.

Anyhow, alls well that ends well.

smiley33
  • levyte357
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
13 years 2 months ago #14299 by levyte357
Replied by levyte357 on topic FSP Moderation Policy - What is it ?

Tony.A.S.S wrote: Not sure about rules, even the rule makers may have their own agendas. I prefer to see these forums as speakeasy's. Lets face it, trouble only starts, not when someone has said something, but when someone else responds.

With all due respect, Mr Rossells, that is a compromiser's point of view. And clearly explains why Rog's outburst was not dealt with, and what will happen to the forum if things continue as they are. So for example, if a post attacks you personally, it's not a problem, until you respond ? Definitely not.

Other Forums pro-actively maintain order, and clearly define what is tolerated, and what's not. Typically how society is supposed to be?
Does that make their "law maker"s on an agenda as well?

Don't know why recently "everyone" associated with the "local mob" mentions the word "agenda", when dealing with me,
but being a northener I'll be blunt, direct, and to the point.

As can be seen from the "Rules/Terms & Conditions" I drew up for the R&C forum (after discussion and getting go ahead from Florian),
the only agenda I'm on is for this place to "not" end up in the same "state" as places like SJ, or the "other" site.
Don't know why the "mob" translates this as me being on an agenda or the payroll of someone.

In my books that means not tolerating rants/raving/personal attacks on "any" individual, or permitting Manufacturers to wage war by proxy using individuals or trolls. A number of Manufacturers have done this on SP, and have made it a cesspit of backroom underhandedness.

I also can't stand the backroom schenanigans of "Persons with business interests on forums", motivating posters on their behalf to attack/discredit individuals or competitors.

Doesn't just happen here or the "other site", also happens on other forums where a Company owns the forum, or moderators are linked to parties conducting "operations" on the forums. Similiar to a partially corrupt Police Force.

More
13 years 2 months ago #14300 by saul
Replied by saul on topic FSP Moderation Policy - What is it ?
obviously, some of the mods, who are manufacturers, are honest and straight, and some may be using online communities to mould their market - Who is and who isn't is not important. it would be hard to decide who can and can't be mods based on this factor.

i personally think, simply as a rule of thumb, no manufacturers should be moderators; it's pretty simple really.

I don't really agree on how the individual brand forums on FSP are run - yes they are a great idea for people to discuss products from a certain company, but to then have the manufacturers themselves being moderators of those forums is kind of ridiculous. Should they want to, they could delete any mention of any problem ever experienced with any given item, and thus the individual forums then just become meaningless. - kind of reminds of when you see cheesy testimonials on leaflets and adverts and stuff smiley36 .

obviously, derogatory and crude behaviour should be moderated, because otherwise it just makes the forum unpleasant to use.

also, people should be able to express their reviews on products and equipment, good or bad (but should not make personal attacks on individuals). If manufacturers/companies don't like the reviews from real world users and listeners, then they should should build better products, not spend time creating their own CIA.

and let's also note, not everyone is going to like every single product out there.
More
13 years 2 months ago #14304 by Rog Mogale
Replied by Rog Mogale on topic FSP Moderation Policy - What is it ?

levyte357 wrote: With all due respect, Mr Rossells, that is a compromiser's point of view. And clearly explains why Rog's outburst was not dealt with, and what will happen to the forum if things continue as they are. So for example, if a post attacks you personally, it's not a problem, until you respond ? Definitely not.

Other Forums pro-actively maintain order, and clearly define what is tolerated, and what's not. Typically how society is supposed to be?

Don't know why recently "everyone" associated with the "local mob" mentions the word "agenda", when dealing with me,

As can be seen from the "Rules/Terms & Conditions" I drew up for the R&C forum (after discussion and getting go ahead from Florian),
the only agenda I'm on is for this place to "not" end up in the same "state" as places like SJ, or the "other" site.
Don't know why the "mob" translates this as me being on an agenda or the payroll of someone.

In my books that means not tolerating rants/raving/personal attacks on "any" individual, or permitting Manufacturers to wage war by proxy using individuals or trolls. A number of Manufacturers have done this on SP, and have made it a cesspit of backroom underhandedness.

I also can't stand the backroom schenanigans of "Persons with business interests on forums", motivating posters on their behalf to attack/discredit individuals or competitors.

Doesn't just happen here or the "other site", also happens on other forums where a Company owns the forum, or moderators are linked to parties conducting "operations" on the forums. Similiar to a partially corrupt Police Force.

Tony, now you know what we are dealing with.

What next...... Nation Of Islam
More
13 years 2 months ago #14305 by Rog Mogale
Replied by Rog Mogale on topic FSP Moderation Policy - What is it ?
With all due respect, Mr Rossells, that is a compromiser's point of view. And clearly explains why Rog's outburst was not dealt with, and what will happen to the forum if things continue as they are. So for example, if a post attacks you personally, it's not a problem, until you respond ? Definitely not.

Yes, it makes them part of the machine that has turned us into slaves to buy what they think we should buy.

Also could be construed as thug.

Because you defend them and enforce their rules on us.

Yes, the ones you defend now.

Or a militant group enslaving simple folk.
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds