• giveortake
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
13 years 4 months ago #13402 by giveortake
FSP was created by giveortake
Good evening everyone,

I have been really occupied lately and just have so many wonderful things going at the moment I did not spend time on FSP.

I think the concept of FSP is going strong and activity is still increasing everyday, that makes me happy because the whole idea
seems to work and is dead simple.

We provide subforums to manufacturers without distinction,
We made it possible for designers to post their designs and follow up on them via the forum (and I like that "DIY Customer Service interaction")
Anyone can today have his own blog hosted for free on FSP (PM your requests)
All members have access to downloads and can also upload their files

Still, the Matrix "bashing" is déjà vu and useless to the discussion. It feels like "politics" are still ruling the on-line world, and I am sad to see it here.

I sincerely don't know how to handle this one without either stepping too far or simply be taxed of following a plan.
There is nothing behind FSP, no utter motives or anger just an idea of making something special for all of us to share.
Our policy has always been about involving everyone into the process of making FSP what it is today.
So here we go: What should we do about the recent attacks of the Matrix products, or any other manufacturer product in the future? To be more precise how do we moderate the forum effectively?

I was thinking of an "election" of the moderators based on their contribution to the forum to gain transparency, and involving members on the selection of their "wise men".It is just an idea,we could also implement a "rating system" on posts to reflect reality.

Well we could actually do anything, remember it is FSP after all, any idea? smiley38

What is your philosophy of life or your creed ?
\"Have a good time, ALL THE TIME\"

Wisdom is better than silver and gold !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #13406 by MAutopsy
Replied by MAutopsy on topic FSP
I don't know about much of the politics, but I will say that this forum is much better than others. Community elected mods would be a good thing.

More
13 years 4 months ago #13407 by levyte357
Replied by levyte357 on topic FSP

GIVEorTAKE wrote: I was thinking of an "election" of the moderators based on their contribution to the forum to gain transparency, and involving members on the selection of their "wise men".It is just an idea,we could also implement a "rating system" on posts to reflect reality.

Well we could actually do anything, remember it is FSP after all, any idea? smiley38

If we are after transparency, and unbiased moderation, then may not be a good idea for PA manufacturers or distributors to be moderators.

Countless examples of this stamping out free speech on SP, and threads deleted, locked or even members banned, purely because they posted detrimental, but truthful/correct comments about a product.

Even worse, is companies motivating individuals to to wage forum wars on their behalf, and talk up their products, or talk down others. This is gonna happen in life anyway, but is worse when the company "agents" are moderators.. We all know which forum this has happened on before.

\"When in Vegas, do as the vegasians do\".

• heathrow_b_line
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
13 years 4 months ago #13408 by heathrow_b_line
Replied by heathrow_b_line on topic FSP
Lev the manufacturers or builders only have mod powers in their own section, not the whole forum

Florian nice to see you back. this matrix thing is not really a big deal. As far as I can see there has not really been any 'bashing'. Nicky has raised some points which should be addressed by matrix in due course regarding amp failure

I was at the amp meet with Lev and co and no one mentioned to us it was a prototype. Many assumed, wrongly it seems. that it was in facts tony's special 4 channel bridged amp.

In future i think only finished production model matrix amps should be tested to save any misunderstandings. matrix are now big enough to carry out all pre-production testing in house now.

If it was my bass bins, i would not have allowed a prototype amp near them as i would be scarred the amp could fry all my drivers!!!

I have met both andy and nicky and do believe there is a slight misunderstanding there... As many know andy does not have anyting to hide and is quite chatty in general. Matt is also a true gent. I think the 'rumours' comment refers to nicky's post to lev, andy was curious to know specific details but ofcourse nicky was not referring to any particular rumour

i think the problem was that the tread was allowed to go off topic, the amp testing thread has been derailed

the question over cilla scope remains - do we want trolls or what seem to be trolls on te site?

Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.

More
13 years 4 months ago #13410 by levyte357
Replied by levyte357 on topic FSP
Agree with all said above.

Heathrow_B_Line wrote: Florian nice to see you back.

+1

Heathrow_B_Line wrote: the question over cilla scope remains - do we want trolls or what seem to be trolls on te site?

+1

\"When in Vegas, do as the vegasians do\".

More
13 years 4 months ago #13415 by Tony Wilkes
Replied by Tony Wilkes on topic FSP
The thing with the manufacturers agents is that they have become so well known that it is simple to ignore their input, it does tend to continue the life of a thread sometimes though long after it should have said its bye-byes.

I deliberately did not comment in the amp test thread even though I knew quite a bit about what had happened because a lot of you know I have some small dealings with Matrix and my comments could (would) have been misunderstood.

What I will say about FSP and also SP is that there seems to be nothing that stirs up the juices more than a good conspiracy story, that will never stop and cannot really be moderated into not happening.

As long as it is kept civil with respect shown, good enough for me.

Tony

More
13 years 4 months ago #13416 by mykey-
Replied by mykey- on topic FSP
@ Lev

I think DHL are at your front door trying to get a response....they have a rack full of new mint matrix..... :think:

More
13 years 4 months ago #13420 by luton_soundman
Replied by luton_soundman on topic FSP
wouldnt really call it an attack on matrix...i think the 'defensive' arguments by many (who wern't even there might i add) were more fired up and aggressive than the people questioning what happend to the matrix amps on the day. And as so many seemed to jump on the bandwagon they seemed to out number the people questioning them and so made them seem like a small minority that isnt worth bovering about their opinions or getting their questions answered.

• giveortake
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
13 years 3 months ago #13627 by giveortake
Replied by giveortake on topic FSP
Some good points here.

I will look into implementing a "post rating system" à la youtube. Allowing members registered for more than a month (and/or a certain post count to be defined) to like/dislike what is posted.

I think it will give all the power to members and sort any future moderation challenge we may have on FSP.

I am quite busy at the moment, just had a new job so please bear with me.

smiley2

What is your philosophy of life or your creed ?
\"Have a good time, ALL THE TIME\"

Wisdom is better than silver and gold !

More
13 years 3 months ago #13641 by jonnyhonda
Replied by jonnyhonda on topic FSP
Long time listener, first time post(er?). Tho' have been skulking on SP for a while.Funnily enough, being an FFA owner I know how threads can take a life of their own.......

PSW seems to be the 'model' example of a technical forum, informative and factual. However it is quite dry. This seems to be through heavy moding and only named posts.
SP can be factual and fun, but like any anonymous forum can be a bit of free for all.
I always considered FSP the wild west! But this thoughtful discussion suits me.

I think named posts would be the easiest way to maintain the quality of the forum.

So you can make your mind up about me: Jon: seem to be running a club in Inverness called cake, Em Quakes, Martin H3, FFA......pleased to meet you.

Time to create page: 0.283 seconds