Hello, new here.

• PatricJ
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 10 months ago #10370 by PatricJ
Hello, new here. was created by PatricJ
Hi everyone, nice to meet you all :P .

I'm what I'd consider a casual audiophile. I've been slowly gathering parts & pieces here and there and adding them into my PA system.

I'm a DJ on the side, mostly for kicks at my pad. But when I do get out to do a show I like to be able to just take my setup out in the back of my truck to the place, unload it & rock it. I've got some buddies that spin records with me as well so when we all get our stuff together it can be quite (noisy) enjoyable.

So I've got a project I'm working on presently (don't we all), and I'll post that up on another board. I've been sitting on a pair of RCF L15P530's & need to build a couple boxes to fit them and also fit my needs.I'm sure I can make this work and I'd imagine I've come to the right place. I've been doing a lot of searching on the web, and it's hard to find any direction on what works and what doesn't work. I've found a little info on (vaguely) what the speakers are for, etc., etc.. I'm new to the whole cabinet building process, as you could probably figure. I've always been a "consumer" but I guess I'm ready to take the next (baby) step.

My current system is a couple of old EAW PM315's, two Mackie S-410's, a couple Jbl EAW's (15's), Crown xti4000 (for the PM's), Crown ce2000 (now reserved for the RCF transducers), dbx crossover, and one of those really neat-o 882 sonic maximizers smiley1 . I actually use a couple of KRK 10" powered subs for really small rooms, like when I DON'T want to get the neighbors calling the cops on me at my house smiley2 .

But what I need is more PUNCH. I'm thinking about building a horn but am not sure if my 530's are going to work well in that application. That's why I'm here and that's hopefully what I'll be using my "spares" for.

Nice to be here & again, nice to meet you all. Have a good day! :thumbup:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.191 seconds