The price of Matrix amps

More
14 years 9 months ago #6829 by GoodTimesTim
Replied by GoodTimesTim on topic The price of Matrix amps

matrix amp wrote: my life already smiley32 smiley32

People dont trust these amps thats why they dont get spec'ed on tours and you have to be very careful of unsafe amps these days. Its people like Crown, Crest, Lab, FFA and Mc2 that spend £££££'s on testing making sure they pass regulations needed for the UK.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #6831 by bee
Replied by bee on topic The price of Matrix amps
Tim on what grounds........ ive only heard good things about the amps. Yes the big brand names do have the money for better r&d and marketing. But that does not mean because matrix dont, there product is not as good. All good products start out small scale on very small budgets etc. Allso when you buy a matrix amp you know what you are buying, you are buying a development amp. Where all feedback helps improve the next model etc. The price reflects this. The main point is they outperform alot of amps that are alot more money. I say keep up the good work. :clap:

More
14 years 9 months ago #6832 by nickyburnell
Replied by nickyburnell on topic The price of Matrix amps
It's old ground now that there have been issues, can we not all move on?

More
14 years 9 months ago #6833 by GoodTimesTim

bee wrote: Tim on what grounds........ ive only heard good things about the amps. Yes the big brand names do have the money for better r&d and marketing. But that does not mean because matrix dont, there product is not as good. All good products start out small scale on very small budgets etc. Allso when you buy a matrix amp you know what you are buying, you are buying a development amp. Where all feedback helps improve the next model etc. The price reflects this. The main point is they outperform alot of amps that are alot more money. I say keep up the good work. :clap:

Now who told you that... was it Andy :lol:

Do you think £999 + postage is cheap for a amp that only does 1500w a side into 4ohm and WONT do 2ohms .... ? ( cgi.ebay.co.uk/MATRIX-XP-3000H-S ... 2554b71436 )

The behringer ep4000 is only £299 + postage and does 1400w a side at 4ohm and WORKS at 2ohm ;) buy 2 of these and your be saving money smiley16

LOVE THE MARKETING HERE ANDY smiley20

[img

More
14 years 9 months ago #6836 by bee
tim i dont own any matrix amps... i have heard them running and they do sound ok. personally i use qsc amps £150.00 second hand! from the right place ex install stock. And they go down to 2ohm and yes they are more powerfull. thats a bargain. when i last looked the price was no way neer that much for the matrix amps, and no i would not pay that amount, As for Andy never met him or spoke to him.

More
14 years 9 months ago #6837 by GoodTimesTim
QSC are very good amps, just keep on working and even the cheaper ones work at 2ohms. Theres none of this silly '' modded for 2ohms '' crap - i've used the PL380 / PL340 many times... love them !

More
14 years 9 months ago #6842 by bee
as i call em indestructable i had one of those big water containers thrown over the dance floor once went all over the amp racks, not good, 2 qsc triped out let em dry turned on worked fine the other 2 crest amps have never worked since, note to self get em fixed.... have you used or owned any matrix amps!!!!!! what did you think of there sound.... and how reliable where they.

More
14 years 9 months ago #6843 by GoodTimesTim

bee wrote: as i call em indestructable i had one of those big water containers thrown over the dance floor once went all over the amp racks, not good, 2 qsc triped out let em dry turned on worked fine the other 2 crest amps have never worked since, note to self get em fixed.... have you used or owned any matrix amps!!!!!! what did you think of there sound.... and how reliable where they.

Good old QSC smiley20

I've owned loads Opus HD, Crest CA, Matrix xp/ukp and Lab G amps

Labs win hands down for me, then Crest then Opus and then if you paid me ( and only then ) i would use Matrix.

I had 7 matrix amps ( new from Andy ) all went wrong at some point and some didnt even work out the box smiley36 - When they do work they do sound nice so theres a plus point to buying one i guess...... Thing is if your buying these amps to use for more than 5 hours GOOD LUCK ! and keep Andy on your side becuase if you piss him off you might not get your amps fixed. I was told by Andy that i didn't know what i was doing and didn't know how amps & speakers work and the power of his amps are just too much POWER for my cabinets ..... :lol: :lol: Funny that becuase all the other amps worked fine..... oh and the cabinets are twin loaded Turbomax 1500i smiley16 so at 4ohm there a 3000w - ish rms cabinet smiley16

I could go on but i think you get the point

Martix dont even have a website .... could be wrong thou

More
14 years 9 months ago #6844 by bee
cool tim, thats all i wanted just honest good feedback, Never tried the labs ill have too look into them. cheers smiley20

More
14 years 9 months ago #6845 by Sinfinity
Replied by Sinfinity on topic The price of Matrix amps
smiley32

For a more informative view about Tim's posts I suggest havig a look at his recent musings on this forum and the replies that he earnt himself.

With regard amp performance etc there shall be a meet during March of 2010. Open invite. Small charge levied on the door if necessary to cover the cost of the hall / club used.

Amp designers will be present.
Customers will be present.
Press will also be in attendance.

Amps will be tested for sound quality, output power etc.
Tests will be done blind.
The audience will vote for the amp they think sounds best.

If you have not had a chance to hear a lab, qsc, powersoft etc then head along to this, (details of venue to be published at a later date), and have a listen for yourselves.
Cheers
Matt

Time to create page: 0.252 seconds