Turbosound Driver Specs?

• PatricJ
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 9 months ago #10658 by PatricJ
Turbosound Driver Specs? was created by PatricJ
I just managed to score a pair of Turbosound LS-1522 drivers for a really good price and I'm pretty stoked about it! I know they have good potential. I'm thinking I could build up a horn or two for them and= look out! smiley26

I'm trying to find some specs for the drivers and am having a really hard time. Does Turbosound keep this stuff locked down or what? I have no troubles finding data on the full enclosures, ,but nothing on the drivers themselves.

Well, at any rate if anyone has some info they'd be willing to share about these speakers or what to do with them, I'm all ears. Thanks in advance.

Pat

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... MEWAX%3AIT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #10659 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic Turbosound Driver Specs?
Turbosound along with other manufactures, are not on the DIY circuit, and would never have the need to detail the internals of a cab. The speakers used are sometimes standard speakers with just a different label on the back. This allows them to charge excessive amounts for spares. Some speakers used are OEM modified units, and exclusive to the manufacturer, so you will be lucky to get any direct info. However, there are people in the know who might be able to tell what the speaker really is in relationship to available models. You need to find someone who uses the kit.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

More
13 years 9 months ago #10660 by levyte357
Replied by levyte357 on topic Turbosound Driver Specs?

PatricJ wrote: Well, at any rate if anyone has some info they'd be willing to share about these speakers or what to do with them, I'm all ears. Thanks in advance.

Pat

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... MEWAX%3AIT

That does look rather like one of these, smiley24

Eminence Kappa Pro 15A/LF

Kappa Pro 15LF has orange spider,

\"When in Vegas, do as the vegasians do\".

• PatricJ
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 9 months ago #10661 by PatricJ
Replied by PatricJ on topic Turbosound Driver Specs?
An eye roll! Oh noooooo!! smiley4
Thanks Tony and Levyte.

That basket stamp does look very similar.
I guess I'll look on the bright side, I got them for like 65 pounds a piece. I can live with that, and at least now I can actually look up some specs of some sort and fudge things a bit to make a cabinet :thumbup: . Maybe I'll build a couple more cubos, who knows? Maybe some scoops!

Any other considerations, if these truly are the Kappa Pro 15lf's?

Right on, right on. Have a good weekend!

Pat

Edit: at least it doesn't look to be a 15A :thumbup:

More
13 years 9 months ago #10664 by nrpinc
Replied by nrpinc on topic Turbosound Driver Specs?
I doubt those are Eminence KP15LFAs. The Tubrosound speaker you have was used in a double 15" 2way box and the KP15LFA is designed for bass/subbass freqs. Here is the link for the box that Turbosound made with your drivers.
www.turbosound.com/application/u ... txd252.pdf

More
13 years 9 months ago #10665 by levyte357

nrpinc wrote: I doubt those are Eminence KP15LFAs.

What's evidence is that based on mate?

I agree they "might" be special OEMS, but the chassis in ebay picture are definetly Eminence Pro 15 Chassis (I have about 5-6x blown Pro 15 chassis in my cupboard right now).

"Standard" Kappa Pro 15A/LF perform very well in those types of cabinet with that tuning... I've tried it.

More
13 years 9 months ago #10666 by nrpinc
Replied by nrpinc on topic Turbosound Driver Specs?
You can tell by looking at the input terminals that they are not the Kappa Pro 15A/LFA. Not to say they they are not some form of an OEM Eminence driver. They look very similar to the Eminence basket assembly. Bu ti fyou look in the pic of the TS speakers they have solder inputs and the Kappa Pro series along with all thr Eminence Pro series drivers uses screw on terminals.

• PatricJ
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 9 months ago #10668 by PatricJ
Hmmm, it's interesting...

I just got a meswsage from the guy I bought them from, they'll be heading my way on monday from the other end of the country so I should have a better view in a couple weeks.

Levyte- you said you have a bunch of blown ones on the shelf- that sucks! Care to enlighten us with what not to do on those- I guess you might have a good hint or two ?? smiley16

Thanks

More
13 years 9 months ago #10672 by levyte357

nrpinc wrote: You can tell by looking at the input terminals that they are not the Kappa Pro 15A/LFA. Not to say they they are not some form of an OEM Eminence driver. They look very similar to the Eminence basket assembly. Bu ti fyou look in the pic of the TS speakers they have solder inputs and the Kappa Pro series along with all thr Eminence Pro series drivers uses screw on terminals.

Agreed they are an Eminence OEM, based on Pro chassis.

Thinking maybe Turbo requested solder terminals to cut costs.

Well Kappa/Delta Pro 15As/LFs all do well in 2x15 reflex, so wouldn't be that hard finding reflex cab they like, would just need chamber/porting tuned to approx 50hz.

• PatricJ
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #10734 by PatricJ
Hey all.

Well, they showed up today and I think I can most likely do SOMETHING with them. smiley2

They're right around 7KG (16 Lb) a piece and have a 15.5 cm mounting depth. There were a few markings on the backside of the cone, so maybe somebody's got a similar marking on one of their Kappa Pro's?

The only thing odd I found is that on one of them, the cloth surround is bone dry- don't they usually have some sort of epoxy or rubber on the linen? You'll see it very clearly in one of the pics below.

Thanks for taking a look, I'm heading over to the Eminence website right now to compare specs.

On a side note, I went ahead and got MORE smiley24 drivers off ebay- a pair of EAW (RCF) LC-1242's. I guess I need to start looking at high freq. drivers in the very near future! And I probably need to start regulating my speaker intake......... "just one more, man......" smiley1

Edit: I'm leaning more towards it being a Kappa Pro15A variant of some sort, based solely on the power handling. This one's got a smooth cone, though- no "rings" like the stock version. The only other option (weight) is a Delta Pro, but it's rated at 100Watts less. The Turbosound site lists the power rating on a pair of these at 1KW, which seems to fit between the two sites.
www.turbosound.com/application/u ... txd252.pdf
eminence.com/pdf/kappapro-15a.pdf
I'll have to design around that! I'm gonna have to start doing some homework on port tuning. smiley20
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by PatricJ.

Time to create page: 0.326 seconds